What is SEO and How you can use these tools for improving SEO on your websites?
The SEO (Search Engine Optimization for its acronym in English), is the procedure that helps improve the visibility of a web page in the natural search results of the different search engines.
The main goal of SEO is to make a website appear in the first organic positions of the search results, with one or more keywords.
SEO positioning uses a series of techniques by means of which the internal and external optimizations of the web portals are made, this implies making changes in the structures and their contents. Once the optimization is done, it is expected that there will be an improvement in the visits the page receives.
The optimization can be divided into two parts: internal and external.
In SEO positioning an internal optimization is usually created by means of different strategies, some of them are:
- Contents that contain keywords.
- Improvements within the code to make the site responsive (HTML5).
- Easy navigation structure for the user.
- Metatags (title and description) unique for each section.
- Have internal links.
- Use headings within the text.
- Procure short physical files.
These are just some of the techniques that can be followed to achieve good SEO positioning.
SEO positioning is an activity focused almost entirely on Google, this is because 95% of Internet searches are made through this search engine.
In SEO positioning, not only the good functioning of the site is important internally, it is also important that this optimized externally.
To achieve a good external optimization, the activities that must be carried out are:
- Generate links to the site of good quality.
- Register the web page in directories.
- Write articles within other sites, and link from those articles to our web portal.
- Use social networks to disseminate our page.
In the world of webmasters, the correct techniques to develop SEO are known as white hat, these strategies are appropriate because they are completely attached to the guidelines established by search engines to achieve a good position.
Below, we present some of the guidelines included in the white hat SEO:
- Creation of short and readable URLs for users.
- Use of a good density of keywords within the content of the site.
- Implementation of internal links between sections of a page.
- Use of HTML sitemaps.
- Generation of external links that direct towards the sections of a portal.
- Registration in commercial directories and directory. Of articles.
- Creation of profiles in social networks.
SEO positioning can be very beneficial for a web page, however, if the suggested strategies are made incorrectly, the portal can be damaged, so it is very important to leave this type of activities in the hands of the experts.